Random Ravelings

Thoughts on knitting, yarn, writing, and life, as the mood strikes me.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States

Monday, January 16, 2006

Olympic Glory - Maybe

I've taken the plunge and signed up for the Yarn Harlot's 2006 Knitting Olympics. The challenge being to start and finish one knitted item, knitter's choice, between the opening ceremonies of the Winter Olympics and the closing ceremonies, that's 16 days. The chosen project should be a challenge appropriate to the knitter's ability.

I've chosen something that should be manageable, but still challenging. The Flying Geese Gloves, from Robin Hansen's Favorite Mittens. This is two-color knitting, something I've yet to actually tackle yet, as well as being gloves (with fingers), another first for me. Now, I just have to find some appropriate yarn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home