Random Ravelings

Thoughts on knitting, yarn, writing, and life, as the mood strikes me.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

NaNo One Week Almost Done

Let's see, it's raining here. A lot. I'm tracking dead leaves into the house every time I take Jazzy (the dog) for a walk. It's election day, but I voted early last week, so at least I don't have to go out to do that tonight. It's the kind of day that I just want to go home and settle in and not go back out anywhere again. It's November and it gets dark early too. Perfect night for working on the novel.

Except, I really do have to go get gas in the car before I'm driving on fumes. And I really should restock the groceries, though I may wait one more day on account of the rain on that one. And I'm getting behind on my Spanish homework as well.

I did manage to keep up the writing last night, though I about fell asleep through the last couple of hundred words. I'm trying to not lose too much momemtum from not writing on Saturday and would really like to get a little further ahead. I tend to write at night, but not post my word counts until the next morning, when the website isn't quite as busy. So even though I'll write tonight, it may not be counted until tomorrow, which officially begins week two. Minor details.

The story keeps morphing on me though. For example, last night my main character acquired a twin brother I didn't know she had. It will be interesting to see exactly how that works out. Hmm, and I've not actually killed off any characters on stage yet, though a couple have been talked about who died before the story started. Personally, I don't think that really counts.

Rats: no further sign, so far. However, I have no illusions about them being truly gone. Just not anywhere I can hear them. This allows me to pretend that they're gone, which does make it easier to sleep at night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home