Random Ravelings

Thoughts on knitting, yarn, writing, and life, as the mood strikes me.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

A Change of Subject

September, I drove to Florida and managed to visit several yarn stores during the trip, one in Florida (Uncommon Threads in Palm Harbor) and two in the Atlanta area. Money was spent at both.

October turned cold and rainy. Some knitting got done. The Doctor Who scarf has now reached approximately the 75% mark, and it's already insanely long. I'm wondering if I'm actually going to have enough yarn to finish it. I might actually have to go get some more at some point.

Other projects included a tiny little drawstring bag knit out of purple sock yarn on small needles as a birthday gift for my niece, with a couple of goodies inside.

November is going to be a very knitting-light month. I've signed up for National Novel Writing Month, and will be working on a novel instead. This does mean that my planned holiday gift knitting may end up getting totally derailed this year. On the other hand, I've not been very organized about it either and have only started one knitted gift from the list. The mittens might actually get done in time.

I'm going to try posting a little widget on this page to track my progress with the novel.

Meanwhile, I did get a whole 444 words written this morning before work. Only about 1200 more for today's quota (1666 per day for 30 days = 50,000 words).

I'm probably not going to say much about the content here, other than it is a fantasy novel set in a world bearing some resemblance to early northern Europe, circa 1800 years BCE. Title, for the moment, is "The Raven's Gift". Enough said.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home