Random Ravelings

Thoughts on knitting, yarn, writing, and life, as the mood strikes me.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

One week down, on to week two

It rained and rained yesterday. No thunder or lightning, but my power went out a couple of times last night. The first time was very brief, the second time was longer, but more annoying because I'd been in the middle of working on my Spanish homework, on the computer and on-line. I'm sitting there composing a sentence in Spanish and everything goes black. No computer, no lights, nothing. No laptop, so I couldn't pull that out and work on the novel. I decided to wait it out by taking a nap since it was too dark to see and I didn't feel like reading by flashlight and it was too early to go to bed. The lights came back on about twenty minutes later.

I gave up on the Spanish for the evening and wrote some more on the novel. Continuing to make progress, though slowly. Stuff is happening, but I notice that there isn't a whole lot of conflict in evidence yet, it's mostly the characters running around doing stuff and meeting other characters, but for the most part everybody seems to like everybody else, or at least they don't hate each other. Or if they do, they haven't told me about it yet. I'll have to see what I can do to get things moving a bit. Like get the characters out on the figurative tree limb and then start cutting the tree down and see what they do. Probably come after me with swords and spears. But at least they'd be doing something interesting then. Hmm, maybe it's time for one of the characters to do something unexpected.

On the other hand, this could just be the part of the story where I'm establishing the characters, giving the reader a chance to get to know them before stuff really starts getting exciting. Hmm, maybe I'd best not try to over-analyze this. Just keep writing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home