Random Ravelings

Thoughts on knitting, yarn, writing, and life, as the mood strikes me.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

The Write Goes On

The writing continues, making good progress, now officially past the half-way point for the NaNoWriMo challenge, but probably no where near the half way point of the story.

I got out to my first official Write-in this past Saturday, and my first "writing in public". Sort of like knitting in public, but fewer people seem inclined to watch. After all, everybody's seen laptops these days. Nothing special there. On the other hand, one of the other WriMo's was writing on a Neo -- a single-purpose computer designed solely for word processing, with a tiny screen that shows about four lines at a time. This did get some curious stares. Most of the group in attendance left early to go see a movie. I've not checked their word counts lately, but ...

Saturday was rainy, which made it a perfect writing day for me, because I didn't have to feel guilty about not doing anything about the accumulation of dead leaves in my yard. It was just too wet to even consider raking or mowing. Sunday was nicer, but I didn't get into the yard that day either. Errands took some time, and some more writing.

The story has started to move along. After finishing a section last night, I felt rather dissatisfied with the story progress. I was okay with where the story had ended up, but felt like I'd left out a lot of stuff that should have been in there. So, I'll probably be writing some additional scenes to retrofit in later, as well as adding a section for a major supporting character (and part time point of view character). Yes I'm being vague. On the other hand, three characters did die. And these were three characters who had already had on-stage time in the earlier parts of the story, so I can count them. I had a couple of characters who had died before the story began and whose deaths were described or mentioned, but I've chosen to not count them for that tally.

Confused yet? Don't worry. I'm not sure what's going on yet either. It ain't officially part of the story until it gets written down in the story. Notes don't count.

Remember, write down now. Make it pretty later!

Write On!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home